Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two Things

1) I have written, and will continue to write, words and phrases on this blog in Korean. It's possible that you won't be able to see these on your computer screen. If indeed you can't see them, likely you'll see small boxes in their place. This is because Windows computers lack Korean language fonts by default. Korean language packs can be installed, however, so if you want to remedy this, it's definitely possible. I'll try to translate any Korean into English, but I won't always do so.

2) Whenever I write Korean names, I'll follow Korean convention and write the family name first, followed by the given names. I won't suddenly start doing this with Western names, obviously, but it's something to be aware of.

No comments:

© 2009 by David Penner and Soojeong Han. Some rights reserved. Licensed as CC BY-NC-SA.