Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Beer Good

One of my Australian colleagues--well, supervisors, actually--took me out for a beer tonight. Both of us finished earlier than the other teachers (there are six native English speakers at my school) and I think he wanted an opportunity to chat with me. Plus, he said that in his experience Canadians have good taste about these things.

I suggested a place nearby that sells Big Rock beer. I hadn't walked in but I had seen the sign and I had recognized the name. Some of you might recognize it too. It's from Calgary, AB. So we sat down and had a beer from Calgary in a pub on the other side of the world in Seoul, South Korea. It wasn't something I expected to do before I arrived, but life is full of pleasant surprises. And sometimes it's not: as he expected, my colleague was impressed by my recommendation.

No comments:

© 2009 by David Penner and Soojeong Han. Some rights reserved. Licensed as CC BY-NC-SA.