Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why I Write

It's been a week and, if my stats are to be believed, I have readers. Plural. Several dozen of them! For the benefit of my readers, I suppose I should say a bit about the blog beyond my brief introductory post.

I planned to start a blog once I started travelling so that I could continue to communicate with family and friends easily and efficiently. Daniel, though, convinced me to start earlier. Feel free to head over to his site to blame him for that. I expect that the content I post will evolve with my experiences. Once I start travelling, I'll write more about my personal experiences, post photos, etc. At the same time, I doubt I'll stop talking about politics, music, and ideas because those are the things that overwhelmingly occupy my mind and I don't see that changing much. Anyway, I'm not convinced that these things are all that different: ideas and arguments--or at least the good ones--are always and everywhere rooted in experience.

No comments:

© 2009 by David Penner and Soojeong Han. Some rights reserved. Licensed as CC BY-NC-SA.